Audio-Video Systems Engineer – Broomall, PA
The Primary duty of this position is the responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the engineering implementation of client solutions – engineering of systems, technical guidance to project management, fabrication & installation, interaction with client personnel, and CAD drawings. A secondary duty of this position is the responsibility of presales engineering- working with our account managers to develop a Bill of Materials & Scope of work for a custom system design based on the customer’s needs.
- Provide sales and technical staff with technical support on both a pre- and post-sales basis
- CAD drawings for system integration.
- Provide high end technical support for client projects.
- A/V system commissioning- Biamp, Clearone, BSS and Polycom DSP.
- Assist sales and estimating staff by providing support with system design.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that company offers.
- Assist with training internal technical or sales staff on new products.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
The Audio-Video Systems Engineer shall possess, at a minimum, a CTS certification. InfoComm CTS-D certification is a plus. A proven track record in AV systems engineering is a requirement. This person must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well with other people.
The Audio-Video Systems Engineer will be accountable to the VP of Engineering. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
Some out of town travel required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws.