Audio Visual Production Manager
Department: Rental & Staging
Reports to: VP Operations, Rental & Staging
Type: Salary (Exempt)
The Audio Visual Production Manager will work with the Rental and Staging Division team members, to ensure proper budgeting and delivery of service. The Audio Video Production Manger will be involved in all stages of the event production cycle, from concept to final billing.
- In charge of supervising and scheduling the staffing of technicians for all events using a combination of internal, freelance staff and external staff of up to 30 employees from various trade unions and contractors.
- The manager communicates closely with Event Planners, Clients, Technicians and Facility Managers to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands, not only of individuals involved, but also the goal(s) of the particular event.
- Perform site visits with customers and/or event planners to determine their individual standards for onsite productions as it relates to audio visual technician support.
- Work with customers prior to, the day of, and during events to ensure the proper staffing and make real time adjustments as necessary.
- Be prepared to be a contingency technician on an exception basis which may include assist with room configuration, setup and tear down of audio visual equipment in addition to physical configuration (lifting involved) and connecting and interfacing all audio visual equipment
- Schedule appropriate staff based on event requirements.
- Work with third party vendor and union labor sources to ensure optimum outside labor sourcing (cost, skill level, flexibility, availability, etc.) as required.
- Work with Account Managers to ensure proper budgeting.
- Assist in taking rental orders.
- Provide highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Practice safety procedures.
- Assist with other assigned duties as needed.
- Work in excess of 40 hours per week as needed.
- Associate’s Degree or higher is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of operating audio visual equipment which includes but is not limited to audio, data, lighting, staging, video, etc.
- “Live” corporate event experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- PC proficiency including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively.
- Ability to multi-task and lift up to 50lbs without assistance
- Must have valid drives license and be able to drive a truck up to 28’ in length.
Some out of town travel may be required.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
- Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws.